NEW! Virtual Junior Dog Trainer Camp
Each session is 1-week long, cost of a 1-week virtual program is $99 + HST
Virtual Junior Dog Trainer Camp is a specialty camp for children to work with their own dog hands-on each day!
PLEASE NOTE – FOR THE 2020 SUMMER – JUNIOR DOG TRAINER CAMP will ONLY be offered Virtually.
- Age groups available 8-10 & 11-14 (campers slightly older and younger are welcome if you think this would be a good fit for them.)
- Two interactive virtual sessions per day – AM & PM
- Each session will be 1 hour long
What does a typical session look like?
- 10-minute – meet & greet (without your dog) with your e-counsellor and camper group, ensure everyone has everything they need for the session, show the items you worked on after our previous session
- 10-minute – (without your dog) positive reinforcement and clicker training
- Collect your dog to start training
- 35-minute – Training Class
- 5-minute – wrap-up, reminders for next sessions and any questions.
- Campers will be left with a toy, enrichment or cooking activity they can do with their dog between sessions, these will be simple instructions that will be emailed to you that you can do with items that you have at home.
What do you need at home to make sure your child can have a successful virtual camp experience?
All campers will need:
- a dog
- flat collar
- harness or halti for their dog
- a 6 foot leash (no retractable leashes allowed)
- a clicker (can be purchased at PetSmart)
- treats your dog is motivated by
- a quiet space to login for their camp sessions to train (inside or outside) on a device that can support Zoom
Program will be available in July
- Session 1: July 6-10
- Session 2: July 13-17
- Session 3: July 20-24
- Session 4: July 27-31