Pawsitively Pets has special education programs for children and adults with challenges, where we can come to you or you can come to us. Programs can be developed based on group needs and goals.
Hands-on Animal Workshop:
The Pawsitively Pets hands-on animal workshop is created for persons with challenges looking to gain experience and skills working with animals. This program is a great introduction to our longer-term animal care training programs. This program can be done at our facility or your location, introducing participants to a variety of animals hands-on. This program is suitable for participants of all ages
Hands-on Animal Training Program:
The Pawsitively Pets hands-on animal training program is offered at our facility. Groups of at least 3 participants are required to run the program.
- Programs offered at our facility mid-town Toronto (Eglinton/Bayview)
- Programs offered in 8-10 week sessions
- Prorgam teaches animal handling, animal care, cage cleaning, feeding, nutrition, animal health and well-being and basic grooming
- We call you to discuss the program and set-up a meet and greet to meet our team and assess your skills and goals for the program
- Program operates on weekdays – scheduling can be arranged based on group needs
Is this program right for you?
- Suggested for participants 16 years or older
- Ability to stand for at least 2 hours
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs
- Can listen and follow 1-step instructions
- Works well with others in a group environment
- Has a keen interest in animals and learning to care for them (including cleaning their cages, feeding and grooming!)
- Best suited to those who do not have animal based allergies or nut allergies
Goal of the program?
Develop key skills to work or volunteer with animals.
For more information please contact us!