Reading Bunnies- Hands On Animal Literacy Learning
Literacy Learning for JK/SK (Primary – Grades 1 to 3 after school program is also available in French or English, please contact us.)
The Pawsitively Pets Reading Bunnies Literacy Program will provide an opportunity for young learners to develop strong early reading strategies in a comfortable and fun environment. The program is instructed by a primary teacher specializing in early literacy and phonetical awareness. Each week we will focus on different emerging reading skills, to build a strong foundation for early reading skills. Our environment will provide students with a customized program based on their skill-set and a fun and interactive program incorporating reading with our animal team. This environment makes reading a hands-on experience that the children get to share with a furry, feathered or slithery friend!
Skills We Will Focus On:
- Letter recognition
- Writing upper and lower case
- Matching sounds with letters
- Vowel and consonant sounds
- Reading and writing sight words
- Word families
All programs will be developed based on your child’s individual level and work towards their personal reading goals.
- The MONDAY winter program will run on January 14 to March 4 (no class Family Day Monday.) Monday Program – 7 weeks $245 + HST = $276.85
- The TUESDAY winter program will run on January 15 to March 5. Tuesday Program – 8 weeks $280 + HST = $316.40
- NEW – Wednesday Winter Class – January 16 to March 6. Wednesday Program – 8 weeks $280 + HST = $316.40
- Sign up for both Monday & Wednesday for $475 + HST
- Program runs from 1pm – 3pm
- Pick-up available at Northlea PS and children will be returned for the end of the school day.
- Snack provided.
- Class open to a maximum of 5 students per class.
- Each week will focus on a different reading/writing skill.
- Individualized weekly words based on your child’s level will be sent home to work on together with parents.