Reading Bunnies- Literacy Learning Program with the animals!
Literacy Learning for JK/SK (Primary – Grades 1 to 3 after school program is also available in French or English with pick-up from Northlea PS please contact us.)
The Pawsitively Pets Reading Bunnies Literacy Program will provide an opportunity for young learners to develop strong early reading strategies in a comfortable and fun environment. The program is instructed by a primary teacher specializing in early literacy and phonetical awareness. Each week we will focus on different emerging reading skills, to build a strong foundation for early reading skills. Our environment will provide students with a customized program based on their skill-set and a fun and interactive program incorporating reading with our animal team. This environment makes reading a hands-on experience that the children get to share with a furry, feathered or slithery friend!
Skills We Will Focus On:
- Letter recognition
- Writing upper and lower case
- Matching sounds with letters
- Vowel and consonant sounds
- Reading and writing sight words
- Word families
All programs will be developed based on your child’s individual level and work towards their personal reading goals.
SPRING 2020 Program Sessions:
- Winter Session: JK/SK Students – Wednesday, April 1 to Wednesday, May 27 (9 weeks) 1pm – 3pm – $315 + HST
- Program runs from 1pm – 3pm
- Pick-up available at Northlea PS and children will be returned for the end of the school day.
- Snack provided.
- Class open to a maximum of 5 students per class.
- Each week will focus on a different reading/writing skill, grade level sight words and more
- Individualized weekly words based on your child’s level will be sent home to work on together with parents.
Registration available ONLINE – CLICK HERE to register!